Friday, December 23, 2011

David Gold passes away

Woods of Ypres guitarist and vocalist, David Gold has passed away. He was involved in a car accident near Barrie, Ontario.

I’m quite shocked and saddened to hear this news. Several months ago I interviewed David for Drop-d and he was an absolute pleasure to talk to, very intelligent in his words and clearly passionate about his band, which he has helmed since day one. Since the interview, David and I stayed in contact sporadically, mostly by Twitter. Woods of Ypres were readying the release of their new album next month and I was given the chance the hear it. Frankly, the record was a triumph and was to be their first new album with Earache Records (their fifth overall), and an album that should have yielded great success for the band. Sadly, that is not to be the case as another young life, at only 31 years of age, is tragically taken away. I’d like to send out my condolences to David’s family, friends, bandmates and anyone else that knew him. Rest In Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment