Tuesday, August 16, 2011

UPDATE: Black Sabbath... not happening

The world has been collectively jazzing itself all day at the news that (supposedly) Black Sabbath, the original line-up, has reunited for a tour and eventual new album. Tony Iommi has since denied this reunion in an official statement. Indeed, the Birmingham Mail journalist that interviewed Iommi has more than spun lies here. Read Iommi’s the statement below. (Original story from today HERE)

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home Of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly, "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the Internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part; absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

No comments:

Post a Comment