Monday, February 15, 2010

Jesper Strömblad leaves In Flames

Jesper Strömblad has left In Flames after nearly 20 years in the band. The guitarist had been battling alcoholism for the past year, a battle that saw both him and the band cancel various tours. Strömblad himself commented on the departure:

“I have decided it is best for me to leave In Flames and to quit the band permanently.

“The last 17 years have been a blast, and I am proud to have been part of this great journey, with the most talented and amazing people anyone can wish to have the privilege to work with.

“I’m also the luckiest guy in the world, to have the BEST fans in the world, who have been supporting me during my difficult times. It means the world to me, and I’m determined to fight and defeat my demons once and for all…. and by the help from you guys, I’m on my way.

“I’m far from done with music, metal, or whatever my direction is taking me, so be sure to hear from me in the future.May the Force be with you!”

The rest of the band stated that they are “behind him 100% on his decision.” They continued that there’s no word on any replacement for him yet or where they stand with regards to a new record.

No comments:

Post a Comment