Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anthrax: The drama recommences

Yesterday was somewhat of a dramatic day with Anthrax cancelling more shows on their European tour, citing illness of new frontman Dan Nelson as the reason, Dan Nelson eventually leaving the band, all tour dates cancelled (except Sonisphere where John Bush to stand in for a “one off”!!!).

Dan Nelson released the following update:

“On the advice of counsel, I have remained silent to the statements issued by Anthrax in recent days and now must address these issues to my loyal fans and others,” reads the statement. “I want to set the record straight.
“I was never seriously ill or sick at all, as reported in Anthrax’s July 17 press release. This extremely inflammatory statement hurt me tremendously. This statement misled fans, friends and family members into believing that I was seriously ill when I was not. I was not aware such a statement was being issued and it came as a total shock to me, as I’m sure it did to all of you. It was the other band members’ decision to cancel the tour dates, not mine. I was ready, willing and able to do my job.
“After issuing the press release, the other band members decided, on their own accord, that I had ‘resigned’ from the band. I never resigned from the band.
“Even in view of this action and stance taken by the band, as late as earlier today I made it clear that I was ready willing and able to continue to fulfill my obligations. After that offer was made, the most recent press release was issued which announced my ‘confirmed’ departure from the band. I was not aware of the contents of this release until after it was issued, nor was I aware that Anthrax was canceling the European and Slipknot tours.
“I regret any disappointment and confusion this situation has caused.”


Now, putting it politely that’s fucked. If it’s true it’s unacceptable on the part of Anthrax and management to treat Nelson in such an undermining way.

The band have begun the search for a new full time vocalist, Anthrax returns to turmoil…..

No comments:

Post a Comment